Banking Services Officer
Company: Mechanics Bank
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Banking Services
Officer. In this role, you will manage the compliance and operation
functions of a Retail Branch. Oversee the operational soundness of
a branch. Directly support Branch Manager in the leadership and
operations of a branch. Lead branch in compliance, operations,
service, and human resource related responsibilities. Support
Branch Manager in sales and employee development. Lead, develop and
coach employees in the branch. Is a subject matter expert in Bank
Policies and Procedures and provides assistance on complex
What you will do:
- Manages the compliance and operations functions of a Retail
Branch Responsible for compliance with Regulatory requirements,
adherence to Bank policies and procedures, risk management
requirements, and safety and security of the branch. Responsible
for overall operational quality of the branch as measured by
internal audits, operational soundness reviews, and reports from
other departments of the Bank.
- Manages a team of employees. Provides leadership, coaching,
feedback and developmental support. Trains employees on cross
functions to ensure smooth operations of the branch. Hires new
employees, conducts performance assessments, initiates disciplinary
actions, and recommends promotions.
- Sets priorities for retail office operations, identifies and
analyzes operating issues, solves operational issues and provides
input for improvement in processes and procedures. Administers
monthly, quarterly and annual self-audit checklist, reviews,
approves daily reports, and verifies cash-on-hand balances.
- Responsible for collaborating with Branch Manager to assign
sales and referral goals to employees, participate in sales
campaigns, and for developing employees' sales skills.
- Ability to perform transactions for clients including, teller
transactions, large cash transactions, and safe deposit box
- Manages the office in the absence of the Branch Manager. Who
- Thorough knowledge of retail office operations, including
complex transactions, Bank policy and procedures, and Risk
- Thorough knowledge and skills related to standard banking
services and products and banking internal operating policies and
- Knowledge of small business and consumer credit principles and
- Excellent interpersonal skills; successful experience managing
and leading people.
- Knowledge of State and Federal banking regulations pertinent to
- Leadership ability to supervise and direct subordinate
employees, and to provide coaching and development.
- Skill in dealing with customer issues in stressful
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to meet
- Excellent organizational skills to direct workflow, balance
assignments, and provide consistent scheduling to ensure complete
- Skill in balancing risk management.
- Considered a customer service role model. #LI-ML1
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on
the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or
other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and
security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection
as a California Resident, please visit
$53,930.00 - $91,670.00
Final compensation package will be determined by the work
experience, education, and/or skill level of the applicant along
with internal equity and alignment with geographic market
Keywords: Mechanics Bank, Palm Beach , Banking Services Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...