Director of Food & Beverage for the Marriott Hutchinson Island
Company: Marriott Hutchinson Island
Posted on: November 12, 2021
JOB OVERVIEW: Direct and organize the activities of the Food and
Beverage Department to maintain high standards of food and beverage
quality, service and merchandising to maximize hotel
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of
the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the
3. Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and
authority for the operation of the various food and beverage
sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets,
kitchens, steward, etc.
4. Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of
all food and beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable
5. Participate with Food and Beverage managers in the creation of
menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
6. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs
among all sub-departments to Crescent standards.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements
pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined
profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service,
cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
9. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction
of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new
operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant
dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up
or the customer market, or a change in the competitive
10. Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern
management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase
specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts,
food production control etc.
11. Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement
of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and
administer a training and development program within the department
which will provide well trained associate at all levels.
12. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting
personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional
appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with
guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with
their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in
complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to
effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom
will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse
anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability
to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality
suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to
access and accurately input information using a moderately complex
computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality
by smell, taste, and appearance.
Must have at least 3 or more years of Director of Food & Beverage
experience with multiple outlets.
Keywords: Marriott Hutchinson Island, Palm Beach , Director of Food & Beverage for the Marriott Hutchinson Island, Executive , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!