Director of Culinary Services - Fine Dining
Location: Lake Worth
Posted on: November 16, 2021
About Discovery Senior LivingDiscovery Senior Living ranks
prominently among the 9 largest senior housing providers in the US,
and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing,
and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury
senior-living communities.With a 30-year reputation and almost
14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a
recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and
innovation.Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Director of
Culinary Services - Fine Dining to join our community
Mariposa.About the Opportunity: Does working for the leader in the
Senior Housing industry sound like the professional challenge you
are seeking? Discovery Senior Living offers significant
opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are
encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be
working with incredible individuals with boundless
- Develops and implements food services policies, procedures, and
job descriptions.Plans menus and menu cycles according to cultural
and regional food preferences, and resident dietary guidelines.
Adjusts recipes to appropriate yield.
- Monitors the quality and consistency of the food to include
food temperatures, portion control, palatability and attractiveness
of food, and implements changes to ensure quality according to
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and
garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing
and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Cooks and carves meats, and prepares dishes.
- Orders food and chemical supplies for the kitchen; receives and
validates all food deliveries against order form.
- Inventories food items monthly.
- Conducts regular Quality Assurance Audits.
- Practices safe and sanitary food handling.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Negotiates and signs food service agreements with vendors.
- Selects, schedules, and conducts orientation and in-service
educational programs for personnel.
- Monitors monthly expenditures to include explanation of
significant variances to ensure compliance with
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a food service
- Must have successfully completed food safety training.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced
- Proficient organizational skills and ability to meet
- Strong computer skills.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and
others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.Benefits: In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package.Eligible team members are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid
holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies.EOE D/VJob Type:
Full-timePay: $85,000.00 - $90,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurancePhysical Setting:
- Fine dining restaurantSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payCOVID-19 considerations:All visitors must be screened
upon entry and are required to wear a mask.Experience:
- Culinary Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: mariposa, Palm Beach , Director of Culinary Services - Fine Dining, Executive , Lake Worth, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!