Executive Coordinator, Office of the President and CEO
Company: American Humane
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: January 15, 2022
American Humane is seeking a self-disciplined, detail-oriented,
organized, and pro-active individual with a high level of
professionalism, integrity, sound judgment, and outstanding
interpersonal skills to work as the Executive Coordinator in the
Office of the President. This position is based at American
Humane's Palm Beach, FL office and reports directly to the
President & CEO. American Humane is committed to fostering
diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. As we seek to
fill this position, we highly encourage applicants from diverse
backgrounds to apply.
For more than 100 years American Humane has been first in promoting
the welfare and safety of animals and strengthening the bond
between animals and people.We are first to serve, wherever animals
are in need of rescue, shelter, protection or security. Through our
innovative leadership initiatives – from our "No Animals Were
Harmed®" program in Hollywood to broad-based farm and conservation
animal welfare certifications, to rapid response rescue and care
across the country – American Humane sets the gold standard as the
most visionary and effective animal welfare organization in the
The Executive Coordinator reports directly to the President & CEO
acting as the CEO's primary coordinator and liaison for internal
and external relations. The Executive Coordinator assumes
responsibility for providing administrative support, serving as
gatekeeper, responding to requests, and collaborating on
communications, events and relationship management activities and
initiatives. The Executive Coordinator manages the CEO's calendar
and activities, including travel, meeting and event logistics, to
ensure maximum efficiency and value of CEO time is achieved.
Administrative & Special Projects:
- Handle administrative functions for the CEO including answering
phones, scheduling meetings and appointments, making necessary
preparations ahead of meetings/events, coordinating travel
arrangements, preparing expense reports, processing monthly credit
card statements, drafting/editing correspondence in the "CEO's
voice," proofreading documents, coordinating internal and outgoing
mail, creating and maintaining files, copying, etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the CEO's calendar and
activities to ensure efficient utilization of CEO's time in
relation to meeting internal and external needs. Frequently
required to make quick decisions and resolve scheduling conflicts
using sound judgment to ensure that the CEO's time is used to
provide maximum value.
- Brief/update the CEO daily on upcoming meetings, events, travel
and ongoing obligations.
- Coordinate travel logistics for extensive and complex domestic
and international travel; proactively anticipating need and
ensuring CEO is properly prepared.
- Manage and keep current the CEO's extensive contact
- Monitor telephone activity within the Executive Office
tactfully and diplomatically; provide preliminary information to
internal and external callers as appropriate and redirect other
inquiries and requests as needed.
- Assist with requests for vendor services and invoicing when
applicable and process expense reimbursements in a timely
- Manage special projects as assigned by the President & CEO.
- Oversee vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed in
a timely manner and as agreed upon.
- As new programs and partnerships are developed, serve as the
right hand of the President & CEO to ensure projects stay on track
and the intended vision is fully realized.
- Support the President & CEO in maintaining important
relationships with donors, ambassadors, members of the board of
directors and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in AH events and meetings when needed.
- Manage all incoming/outgoing correspondence from the Executive
Office, including coordinating with the DC Office to track mail
sent to headquarters office, handle acknowledgements from
- Respond to requests and assist staff in coordinating materials
for trips, meetings, internal/external reports and presentations,
projects and donor mailings.
- Liaise with the events and fundraising teams, taking the lead
where appropriate, in planning and implementing logistics for large
and small events. This will include things such as: site selection;
vendor management; booking speaker and VIP guest travel, preparing
nametags, collateral, guest lists, media packets, swag bags, etc.;
day-of set-up, take-down and registration; rsvp tracking and
managing guest preferences; and post-event follow-up.
- As needed, process donations in a timely manner and coordinate
with fundraising team on data entry, follow-up mailings, etc.
- Assist as needed with logistics for board meetings,
coordinating the legal team.
- Serve as a point of contact for board members with the Office
of the President & CEO.
- Maintain a clean and inviting office environment at all
- Serve as lead point person for general office needs, including:
deliveries, liaising with property management for things like
maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Ensure ample supply of all AH fundraising and marketing
materials are available, including: newsletters, impact reports,
folders, stationary, various publications, and swag.
- Coordinate with the IT team to ensure office equipment, phone
and network systems are properly maintained and functional.
Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years administrative
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set
priorities, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively,
conduct research and identify resources for projects.
- Experience coordinating meetings and complex domestic and
- Must exude professionalism at all times and be able to approach
people and situations with a positive demeanor, tact, diplomacy,
discretion, confidentiality and a sense of urgency.
- High degree of motivation and self-discipline with a strong
work ethic. Maintains a conscientious approach to work with the
ability to meet tight deadlines, anticipate needs and be proactive
to resolve issues.
- Ability to take initiative, act independently and direct one's
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; outstanding
grammar, proofreading and editing.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion in handling
confidential information within the Executive Office.
- Ability to focus on detail without losing sight of the bigger
picture, including monitoring and double-checking work and
information for accuracy and quality from start to finish.
- Commitment to providing high quality service through timely
response to all requests.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of
Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn systems and processes specific to the
department; Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Position is based out of American Humane's Palm Beach, FL
- Standard working office environment; must be o.k. working
around animals, particularly dogs and cats.
- Significant local and domestic travel required.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Additional travel, including potential for international
travel, will be required as needed.
- Preference to have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
available to utilize for local (in and around Palm Beach) work
American Humane's core values define our workplace, and these
values serve as the cornerstone for interactions in advancing our
mission and institutional goals. Employees are expected to adhere
to all organizational policies and to act as role models,
demonstrating American Humane's core values:
Compassion – Being kind and caring in our interactions with
Accountability - Holding ourselves to the highest standards.
Following through on commitments and owning our actions, behavior,
Respect for All – Being professional, listening to others and
honoring diversity in all its forms.
Loyalty to Mission – Staying focused on our purpose and our mission
– our nation's most vulnerable depend on us.
Sustainability - Contributing to being a great place to work and
achieving our shared mission and goals to make a difference, now
and in the future.
Honesty, Integrity, Trust – Demonstrating transparency, as trusted
stewards of donor resources, supporting our leadership and one
American Humane (AH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to fostering and growing diversity, equity and inclusion
in the workplace and the humane space.
Keywords: American Humane, Palm Beach , Executive Coordinator, Office of the President and CEO, Executive , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!