Assistant Manager I
Company: West Marine
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Under limited supervision, achieves the sales goal of the business
unit through assisting in planning, coordinating, and managing all
operations of the store. These operations include: ensuring
excellent customer service, meeting and exceeding the store's
annual sales goal, inventory shrinkage, and high-quality of
We are Boaters serving Boaters with a mission of More Water, Less
Hassle! Our Customers come to us to fulfill a need, complete a
project on their boat, or gather items for a great day on the
water; you guide your team to ensure Customers leave with the right
products to make that happen. Each interaction with a West Marine
Customer is an opportunity for you to exceed their expectations and
ensure they remain a loyal Customer. West Marine is a Drug Free
Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Coach, mentor and grow your team for excellent store
- Ability to lead by example, greeting Customers and engaging
them to ensure we fulfill their boating needs.
- Agile leader who enjoys prioritizing and planning to drive
results and meet business goals.
- Ability to train Associates to handle a wide variety of
transactions to help Customers seamlessly complete their
- Assisting associates with executing the plan of meeting or
exceed the store's annual sales goal.
- Acknowledge and greet customers that are within a close
(ten-foot) radius or ten seconds of arriving where the associate is
- Leading by example, greet customers, engage them in
conversation to determine their boating needs, provide product
knowledge to customers and suggestively sell items and additional
services that they may not have anticipated they will need.
- Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive
- Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they
- Achieve excellent customer service. Resolve customer concerns
and complaints in a timely and gracious manner.
- Assist with hiring, coaching, training and disciplining store
- Assist with scheduling associates effectively to ensure maximum
floor coverage for excellent customer service and achieving store
sales within the store's payroll budget.
- Ensure the store is neat, clean and organized throughout each
- Acknowledge by signature that weekly "Store Bulletin" has been
read and posted for other associates to read. (Store Information
- Assist with communication, coaching and training of store
associates on important information about products, sales
techniques, company policies and guidelines or any other important
- Suggest usage of West Marine promotional programs and services
with each applicable sale.
- Help ensure payroll is processed correctly and on time.
- Verify Asset Protection standards are met all the time.
- Achieve a store audit score of 80% or better.
- Work with associates to achieve a high 'Matinee Review" score
through excellent customer service, product knowledge and follow
- Know what products are currently on sale or in promotion and
have them displayed properly for sale by the start date.
- Available to work a flexible schedule based on business needs,
including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years related experience required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of
Keywords: West Marine, Palm Beach , Assistant Manager I, Executive , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!