RN Case Manager
Company: HCA Florida JFK North Hospital
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) RN Case Manager you want with your current employer? We have
an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida JFK North
Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida JFK North
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) RN Case Manager where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!RN Case
Case Management Department
Full-time, Day Shift (Rotating Weekends), 1.0 FTE
HCA Florida JFK North Hospital
West Palm Beach, FL
The RN CM Under supervision, performs the functions relating to
utilization management, resource management and discharge planning
process. Plans, initiates and evaluates a patient centered
discharge plan as defined by the patient's needs. Utilizes an
interdisciplinary approach, maintains patient advocacy and ensures
access to service.
- Applies admission/discharge criteria within established
- Contacts the attending physician in cases not meeting criteria
for admission or continued stay in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid,
hospital-initiated denials and initiates process according to
- Documents information in a manner which facilitates concurrent
review and provides up-to-date information to others.
- Assesses and re-assesses patient for continuum of care needs in
accordance with department policy and procedure.
- Performs initial discharge plan evaluation per department
- Assures that arrangements for discharge are complete when the
patient is medically ready for discharge to prevent unnecessary
- Considers the medical, emotional, psychosocial (i.e. age
appropriate, family supports and condition of home environment) and
financial needs of the patient in development of discharge
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to discharge planning
through active involvement in the patient care conferences and
collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a plan
specific to meet the needs of the patient.
- Discusses reimbursement issues with patient/family regarding
DME delivery and transportation.
- Orders equipment in a timely manner to prevent delay in
- Schedules transportation with safety of the patient in
- Assists in determining eligibility of social, medical,
financial and offer services to meet the patient's needs.
- Provides the patient or family with information appropriate to
making an informed decision.
- Ensures that notes in the progress notes are clear, concise,
timely and in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Completes initial clinical review screen in Meditech and
documents discharge needs.
- Directs referrals to various agencies and support groups based
on need. -
- RN with current state licensure; BSN preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1-3 yrs. nursing experience in an acute care setting (i.e. med
surg, tele, ICU)
- Certification in case management or utilization review
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria, Medicare, Medicaid Guidelines,
Managed Care This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).HCA Florida
JFK North Hospital is a 280-bed acute care facility. We have a
124-bed behavioral health unit. We are located in West Palm Beach,
FL. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital has served the healthcare needs
of Palm Beach County for 46 years. Our technology to offer patients
superior outcomes, less pain and improved recovery times. Our
services include a 24-hour Emergency Department, Advanced Primary
Certified Stroke Center, Orthopedic Institute, Critical Care Unit
and an Interventional Vascular Suite. We have Inpatient Diabetes
Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Outpatient Rehabilitation, and a Center
for Pain Care and surgical services. HCA Florida JFK North Hospital
offers services for mental health and wellness for children,
adolescents, adults and seniors. We have 600 colleagues and 900
medical staff. We are dedicated to our mission; Above all else, we
are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. -
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our RN Case Manager opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Florida JFK North Hospital, Palm Beach , RN Case Manager, Executive , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...