Radiology Tech (Staff Relief, Days)-Homestead Center
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Location: Hobe Sound
Posted on: November 12, 2021
DescriptionJob Summary:Utilizes medical imaging equipment to
produce diagnostic quality radiographs through the use of ionizing
radiation. Responsible for following all departmental Radiation
Safety and ALARA policies as well as state and federal regulations
to ensure low-dose imaging is an integral part of practice.
Operates portable and stationary x-ray equipment and prepares
examination rooms, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provides
for patient comfort and safety during examinations.--Minimum Job
- General x-ray license from the State of Florida -- must
maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS -- must maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment.Qualifications Job
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety by utilizing dose
reduction techniques such as: minimize time, maximize distance, and
use shielding to optimize patient dose.
- Documents time for Fluoro cases, KVp, and mAS for X-rays in
Cerner upon closing the exam.
- Adjusts equipment, determines proper technique, and arranges
immobilization and support devices to obtain correct patient
- Communicates effectively with hospital employees, physicians,
patients, and families.
- Follows hospital patient-identification policy prior to
performing examination. Utilizes two patient identifiers to ensure
accuracy as per policy.
- Enters and transmits patient information into PACS for
interpretation/reading immediately following completion of
- Observes radiation safety practices at all times and adheres to
all clean sweep guidelines and infection control standards per
- Prepares patient for examination, explains procedures,
transfers patient to table, positions patients, and assists patient
at end of procedure.
- Performs portable examinations in the operating room, emergency
department, and in-patient rooms. Demonstrates knowledge of C-arm
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the equipment,
monitoring inventory, and stocking scan room.----
- Performs QA, completes exam, enters and transmits patient
information into PACS in a timely manner.
- Problem solves issues with equipment and reports equipment
problems/malfunctions to clinical engineering or supervisor on an
as needed basis.Common Duties
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely
completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health
requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as
outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and
procedures.-- Ensures behavior is compliant with communication
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores
as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists
(ARRT) -- in good standing throughout employment highly
- Graduate of AMA Accredited School of Radiology Technology
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients,
families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt standard clinical procedures
to the individual client's need.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful
- Ability to work as a team member.(EOE DFW)9/22/17
Job : Imaging & Radiology
Primary Location : United-States-Florida-Homestead
Department : HOMESTEAD ACC - RADIOLOY-2100-512721
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Palm Beach , Radiology Tech (Staff Relief, Days)-Homestead Center, Healthcare , Hobe Sound, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!