Registered Nurse - After Hours Pediatrics
Company: After Hours Pediatrics- Tampa and S Florida region
Location: Lake Worth
Posted on: November 18, 2021
After Hours Pediatrics in Lake Worth, FL has an immediate PT
opening for a Registered Nurse! JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: The
Registered Nurse is responsible for providing quality pediatric
patient care on shift and managing clinic and staff. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents After Hours Pediatrics by displaying a respectful
and caring manner with patients and their families. Independently
problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information
when patient is unable to communicate. Maintains confidentiality of
- Creates a welcoming environment and acts as a patient
- Observes, assesses, triages, and takes action on all patients
according to protocol
- Provides quality patient care:
- Obtains vital signs and patient history
- Administers medications
- Performs and/or assists in procedures,
- Performs labs on patient samples and lab controls according to
- Gives aftercare instruction and discharges/transfers
- Documents all assessments, actions, care and treatment
responses, and communications in patient record in EMR, logs and
- Executes physician orders and involves patient/family in
- Supervises, ensuring all duties and protocols performed
- Attends training sessions and meetings as required
- Maintains and orders supplies, medications, and equipment for
- Maintains/manages clinic including cleaning, heating/cooling,
lighting, maintenance and other
- Involves self in ongoing training of clinical staff
- Takes call as assigned including covering sick calls and making
self available to other sites for questions, concerns and
- Evaluate and counsel staff
- Address patient issues/concerns
- Complies with quality assurance, HIPAA, customer service,
infection control, and safety guidelines and other policies as set
- Ensures adequate and appropriate patient follow-up with
referrals and diagnostic testing. Contributes to patient care
through patient and family education, distributing resource
literature and community service recommendations and referrals as
- Interacts calmly, respectfully and in a friendly manner with
other representatives of services at After Hours Pediatrics. Refers
patients to proper resources including transfer, follow up and
appointments as necessary.
- Participates in ongoing training of self and clinical staff
attending training sessions and meetings as required.
- Participate in development and implementation of general
policies and procedures to provide for the physical and emotional
comfort and safety of patients. Maintains competence through
continuing education and in-service training.
- Ensures cleanliness of office and clinical environment
- Assists Director of Operations in conjunction with Human
Resources regarding clinical staff performance, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled
hours is an essential job requirement. QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- BSN preferred, Associates Degree required
- Current licensure in State of Florida
- Emergency room/urgent care/ICU experience required
- Three (3) years of clinical pediatric experience required
- Experience in charge nursing in pediatric environment
- Must have advanced skills necessary to care for pediatric
- Current PALS certification requiredKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Exceptional IV skills demonstrated from newborn to
- Ability to identify patient problems and document
- Ability to identify critical illness and act accordingly
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and pharmacological
- High degree of verbal communication and interpersonal skills to
determine needs, provide information, instruct, and provide
- Strong planning, judgment, problem solving, organizational,
verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to address and resolve conflict in a professional
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work.
- Ability to work independently yet in conjunction with a
- Ability to adapt to a changing and growing atmosphere.
- Ability to speak in a group setting. Ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral or diagram form.
- Courteous and professional demeanor.
- Willingness to work as a team player to meet common goals of
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when
handling difficult clients/stressful situations.
- Promote positive department morale through effective
- Bilingual skills a plus.PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern medical setting
- Potential exposure to illness/disease
- Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials
- Occasional travel locally
- Occasional lifting/carrying (20 pounds or less)
- Moderate to high stress level
- Prolonged sitting/standing/bending
- Moderate computer/PC work/telephone useThis position may
require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer,
telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner,
fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet
production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also,
may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime,
additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five
days per week. DISCLAIMER: Cooperative, positive, courteous and
professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every
position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond
giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with
co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior
extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such
as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading,
speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job
performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the
information contained in this job description has been designated
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this position.
Keywords: After Hours Pediatrics- Tampa and S Florida region, Palm Beach , Registered Nurse - After Hours Pediatrics, Healthcare , Lake Worth, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!