Registered Nurse (RN) SICU Cleveland Clinic - Stuart, FL
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 13, 2022
I. Basic Purpose:
The Staff Nurse has shift accountability and responsibility for
providing nursing care to an assigned group of patients at
Cleveland Clinic Martin North, Cleveland Clinic Martin South,
and/or Cleveland Clinic Tradition Medical Center. As a member of
the Nursing Department Team, the Staff Nurse collaborates with
other Nursing Team members to execute the corporate goals and
objectives of Cleveland Clinic Martin Health. Ensures ongoing
professional growth and development.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies,
procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety
codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and
accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional
communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers.
Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
3. Uses diagnostic reasoning and decision making skills in the
provision of nursing care.
4. Uses interdisciplinary identification, collection and analysis
of data to identify desired patient care outcomes; and standards of
5. Manages and delivers nursing care to patients, families and
6. Delegates patient care activities and supervises the delegated
7. Assures that the Florida Nurse Practice Act is the basis of
professional nursing practice, and that nursing practice is within
8. Protects the rights of patients and their families.
9. Assures that nursing practice is consistent with the ANA Code of
Ethics for Nurses.
10. Supports Cleveland Clinic Martin Health's Nursing Governance
11. Assures that nursing practice is research, theory and
12. Recognizes the need for participation in professional nursing
13. Recognizes the need for participation in community service
14. Maintains professional and clinical competencies through
participation in continuous learning activities; develops a
mechanism for ongoing self-assessment for career path
15. Assumes shift and department accountability and responsibility
for budget as it relates to patient care requirements by effective
use of resources.
16. Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of
goals and objectives for department which provide for optimal
patient care through systems which continually monitor and improve
the quality of services.
17. Serves on internal departmental, interdepartmental, quality,
medical staff, etc committees as required.
18. Implements a patient-focused nursing care model that is
collaborative, interdisciplinary, clinically effective and
efficient; ensures that this care model is based on approved
structure, process, and outcome standards.
19. Maintains competency and safe practice patterns as measured by
quality, education, performance improvement, risk management and
other trend analysis.
20. Maintains effective working relationships with physicians,
employees, auxilians, and members of the community.
21. Coordinates to the development, planning, and executing of the
capital and operational budgets of the department. Resources are
allocated (both in personnel and supplies) according to established
goals, standards and patient care needs.
22. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to
position as mandated by Cleveland Clinic Martin Health.
23. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an
accredited institution of higher education within 3 years of hire
> Current/Active State of FL RN License required - primary
source online verification required directly from State of Florida
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart
Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American
Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red
Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. ACLS, PALS, NRP
certification as applicable.
> Minimum of 1 year of acute care experience is preferred. A
clinical certification is preferred.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , Registered Nurse (RN) SICU Cleveland Clinic - Stuart, FL, Healthcare , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!