Employee Health Registered Nurse/RN - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Texas Health Resources
Location: Lake Worth
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Employee Health Registered Nurse/RNEmployee Health Registered
Fast-paced, high volume Employee Health is looking for top skilled
nurses. Is that you?
Work location: Hybrid position. Onsite work is in Lake Worth as
Work hours: Full Time, Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Employee Health highlights:
* Opportunity work in a hybrid position.
* Fast-Paced, high-volume department
* Supports numerous clinics throughout the metroplex
Here's What You Need
* Associate degree in Nursing required or
* BSN preferred
* 3 years' experience as a clinical nurse required or
* 3 years' med-surg, emergency services or Occ Health strongly
* RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse
Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary
collaborator, and coordinator for quality patient care
* CPR required upon hire
What You Will Do
* Deploys components of the Employee Health Program
* Reviews and applies existing regulations, standards, and /or
guidelines of applicable professional organizations, regulatory and
* Recommends new or revised practices or procedures based on
currently accepted, evidence-based strategies.
* Reviews and applies pertinent information from current scientific
literature and publications.
* Incorporates age specific information/infection prevention
measures into workers'/volunteers' care.
* Administers periodic evaluations for employees
* Reviews work releases
* Coordinates the tuberculosis skin testing program for workers and
* Administers and interprets tuberculosis skin tests
* Performs respirator fit tests
* Requests lab and x-rays per protocol
* Consults with department director
* Makes referrals to healthcare providers
* Administers immunizations
* Job-related injuries, exposures, illnesses
* Provides care to workers injured or exposed on duty
* Orders lab and/or x-ray
* Collects drug screens
* Refers to healthcare provider when necessary
* Collects information for follow-up investigation
* Counsels' worker regarding prevention and Safe Choices
* Forwards necessary information to TH Integrated Disability
Management for workers' compensation claim processing
* Administers palliative treatment for minor illnesses for workers
who are on duty
* Arranges for post exposure prophylaxis when necessary
* Reviews information provided to determine a worker's fitness for
* Maintains the computerized Sharps Injury Log.
* Post offer assessments
* Reviews health questionnaire
* Performs physical demands assessment
* Administers tuberculosis skin test or orders chest x-ray
* Reviews respirator medical questionnaire and performs respirator
* Obtains lab specimen based on results of health history
* Assesses the results of the assessment, lab, x-rays to determine
fitness for duty and/or need for referral to healthcare
* Notifies Human Resources of worker's status following the
assessment (i.e., cleared to work, on hold, denied)
* Offers the worker the family violence screening tool to
* Health and Safety Advocate
* Reports identified opportunities for improvement that could
impact worker health and safety
* Assists with follow-up action plan development and
* Serves as a resource to workers for interpreting infection
prevention procedures and employee health practices
* Informs workers who report family violence of options and refers
to Safety/Security Director if necessary.
* Manages the medical components of the Fitness for Duty policy in
collaboration with designated physicians, management and Human
* Professional Accountability
* Maintains and enhances nursing skills
* Provides for worker privacy and dignity
* Documents worker information in the computerized and written
* Adapts to changes in workload assignment
* Cross trains in other departmental duties.
* Participates in strategies to meet business initiatives and
unit/team, program and department specific goals and targets.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave,
flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Program as well as several other benefits.
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
* Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to email@example.com.
Keywords: Texas Health Resources, Palm Beach , Employee Health Registered Nurse/RN - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Lake Worth, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!