RN Hospital Resident I - Nurse Resident
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 15, 2022
RN Hospital Resident IParticipates in a residency core
curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides
direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
* Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
* Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
* Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care activities
based on the following: acuity of need, patient preference, and
* Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity of
safe/effective care for patients.
* Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
* Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
* Complies with established hospital/department personnel
* Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
* Documents in patient's medical record according to established
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* BSN preferred.
* Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , RN Hospital Resident I - Nurse Resident, Healthcare , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!