Registered Nurse - Maternal Child Outpatient Services - Maternal - Newborn
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Registered Nurse - Maternal Child Outpatient ServicesJoin the
Cleveland Clinic team, where you will work alongside passionate
caregivers and provide patient-first healthcare. Cleveland Clinic
is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in the nation, according to the
U.S. and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will work
alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers, receive endless
support and appreciation, and build a rewarding career with one of
the most respected healthcare organizations in the world.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will support mothers and their
unborn infants by providing exceptional clinical care and education
to prepare mothers for their labor and delivery experience. An RN
in this role is familiar with providing professional nursing care,
performing telephone triages, completing nursing assessments,
establishing care plans with patients and their families,
administering medications and treatments and providing health
education to patients and families.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Has experience as a Childbirth Educator.
* Has recent Labor & Delivery experience performing fetal
* Demonstrates a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and
* Provides care with compassion, empathy and positivity.
* Thrives in a team environment.
By taking this opportunity, you'll build a rewarding career making
meaningful differences in the lives of others. You'll remain
professionally challenged and supported as you shape the career of
your dreams and find where you belong, here at Cleveland
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
* Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
* Performs telephone triage.
* Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
* Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
* Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
* Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
* Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the
clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
* Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
* Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other nursing
roles within the department
* Provides health education to patients and families. Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.
* Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
* Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.
* Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
* Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
* In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
* If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical
* Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
* Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
* May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
* Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
* Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a
job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
Position is Per diem, Shift 8AM-430PM
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , Registered Nurse - Maternal Child Outpatient Services - Maternal - Newborn, Healthcare , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!