Registered Nurse Ambulatory - Ambulatory Care
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Registered Nurse AmbulatoryJoin our team at Cleveland Clinic and
experience world-class healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic is
named the No. 4 hospital in the United States according to the U.S.
and World News Report. At Cleveland Clinic, you will be part of a
talented, compassionate, and driven team of caregivers. You will
work with state-of-the-art technology and provide stellar patient
care. At Cleveland Clinic you will build a rewarding career with
one of the most respected healthcare organizations in the
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will work collaboratively with an
interdisciplinary care team providing top-quality care to patients
on your assigned unit/department. Your primary duties include, but
are not limited to:
* Providing direct nursing care.
* Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions as
* Preparing patient care plans.
* Administering prescribed medications.
* Performing bedside hand-off reports and thorough bedside daily
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Has nursing experience in an Ambulatory unit.
* Provides care with compassion, empathy, and patience.
* Thrives in a team environment.
* Is organized and detail-oriented.
This is an excellent opportunity for RNs to discover Cleveland
Clinic and gain hands-on experience in this rewarding
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
* Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
* Performs telephone triage.
* Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
* Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
* Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
* Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
* Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the
clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
* Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
* Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other nursing
roles within the department
* Provides health education to patients and families. Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.
* Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
* Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.
* Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
* Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
* In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
* If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical
* Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
* Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
* May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
* Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
* Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a
job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , Registered Nurse Ambulatory - Ambulatory Care, Healthcare , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!