Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Martin Coast Rehabilitation and Healthcare
Location: Hobe Sound
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Martin Coast Rehabilitation and Healthcare - The primary
objective of the Physical Therapy Assistant is to assist with
assessing, planning, implementing and documenting Client's physical
therapy program under the direction and supervision of the physical
therapist. Follow corporate guidelines, objectives and policies to
maintain standards of treatment consistent with legal and
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Rehab Services
EEO CODE: Service Worker - 9
DAYS: - FORMCHECKBOX
Sun - FORMCHECKBOX
Mon - FORMCHECKBOX
Tue - FORMCHECKBOX
Wed - FORMCHECKBOX
Thu - FORMCHECKBOX
Fri - FORMCHECKBOX
HOURS: - FORMCHECKBOX
1st - Shift - FORMCHECKBOX
2nd Shift - FORMCHECKBOX
1. - - - - - - ASSESSMENT
a. - - - - - - Upon receiving PT screening request, review client's
current situation and screens individual for intervention.
b. - - - - - - Communicates screening results to client and
appropriate family and/or staff.
c. - - - - - - Complete required screening documentation.
2. - - - - - - PLANNING
a. - - - - - - Plan appropriate therapeutic activities to meet
b. - - - - - - Communicate treatment plan and goals to client and
c. - - - - - - Communicate significant issues in treatment planning
to PT on ongoing basis.
d. - - - - - - Collaborate with health care team members to begin
planning for appropriate and timely discharge or transfer.
3. - - - - - - IMPLEMENTATION
a. - - - - - - Demonstrate ability to prioritize treatment
procedures according to patient's needs and MD requests.
b. - - - - - - Implement interventions according to plan of
c. - - - - - - Communicate purpose of treatment procedures to
client/family according to client's level of understanding and
modifies plan accordingly.
d. - - - - - - Communicate ongoing treatment issues/plan to
interdisciplinary health care team members.
e. - - - - - - Communicate ongoing treatment issues with PT.
f. - - - - - - - Complete required documentation regarding daily
g. - - - - - - Demonstrate awareness of precautions regarding
client diagnosis and treatment techniques.
4. - - - - - - EVALUATION
a. - - - - - - Review and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
toward achieving patient outcomes and discuss need for changes to
b. - - - - - - Document appropriate reassessment and changes in
plan of care.
c. - - - - - - Communicate significant changes in client status and
therapeutic intervention to client/family and health care team
d. - - - - - - Complete required documentation for discharge.
5. - - - - - - OTHER DUTIES
a. - - - - - - Perform other related duties as assigned.
b. - - - - - - Support and participate in changes and suggestions
made by Director of Rehab.
1. - - - - - - Maintain confidentiality of resident, employee and
2. - - - - - - Follow Resident's Rights policies at all times
maintaining privacy, confidentiality and respect.
3. - - - - - - Ability to understand and comply with applicable
Federal, State and local regulations as they apply to this job.
4. - - - - - - Attend all required department and/or facility
5. - - - - - - Adhere to applicable laws, rules, regulations and
Code of Conduct directed by Corporate Compliance Program, conduct
business using ethical standards, and report any suspect or actual
event or circumstance to the Compliance Officer.
6. - - - - - - Understand and comply with use and disclosure rules
of resident Protected Health Information (PHI) as required by the
HIPAA Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA).
7. - - - - - - Use the proper equipment for each job and report any
missing or damaged equipment to supervisor immediately.
8. - - - - - - Follow facility safety program, identify and report
unsafe equipment, environment or procedures to supervisor.
9. - - - - - - Read and follow instructions on Safety Data Sheets
(SDS) when handling or using chemicals.
10. - - Assume accountability for data contained in the employee
11. - - Observe all facility policies and procedures.
12. - - Report to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability and punctuality.
13. - - Come to work in neat, clean attire and consistently present
an appropriate professional appearance.
14. - - Perform all duties in an effective, timely and professional
15. - - Work cooperatively with all community members* and
willingly accept assigned duties.
16. - - Report any possible problem or concern regarding community
members* to supervisor immediately.
17. - - Communicate applicable information to community members* in
an effective and efficient manner.
18. - - Exhibit hospitality by displaying courtesy, support,
gratitude and respect to all community members*.
19. - - Complete employee training courses as assigned by due
20. - - Perform any other related duties as directed by
*community members (staff, residents, families and vendors)
1. - - - - - - Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. - - - - - - Must have current physical examination showing
freedom from certain types of communicable diseases.
3. - - - - - - Must be a graduate of an accredited PTA program.
4. - - - - - - Must hold a valid Florida license to practice as a
Physical Therapy Assistant.
5. - - - - - - Must have strong organizational and excellent
customer service skills.
6. - - - - - - Must be able to follow directions clearly and
7. - - - - - - Must have previous work experience operating
standard office equipment (e.g., copier, computer, etc.).
Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Products such as
Outlook, Windows, Excel and Word preferred.
8. - - - - - - Must have current Cardio Pulmonary Recitation Card
(CPR) issued by recognized provider such as American Heart
Association or American Red Cross that includes hands-on practice
and in-person skills assessment or be able to obtain CPR training
and card within 30-days of hire date.
Prefer High school graduate or GED
- - - - -
Technical school or - - - - - - - - - some college
- - - - -
College graduate with four year degree
- - - - -
College graduate with advanced degree
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: (State of Florida)
- - - - -Certified Nurse Aide
- - - - -Certified Medication Aide
- - - - -Home Health Aide
- - - - -Licensed Practical Nurse
- - - - -Registered Nurse
- - - - -Social Worker LBSW
- - - - -Administrator
- - - - -Dietary Manager
- - - - -Dietician
- - - - -Occupational Therapist
- - - - -Physical Therapist
- - - - -Speech Language Pathologist
- - - - -Occupational Therapy Assistant
- - - - -Physical Therapy Assistant
- - - - -Commercial Drivers License
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Keywords: Martin Coast Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Palm Beach , Physical Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Hobe Sound, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!