Location: Lake Worth
Posted on: March 14, 2023
PRN Positions Available Now!Discover your Purpose! - -
Mariposa, a Discovery Senior Living community is growing, thriving
and has meaningful job opportunities available in a safe and
supportive work environment.We provide on the job training with no
experience required for most positions.We offer rewarding career
opportunities that include:
- Competitive wages
- Access to wages before payday
- Flexible scheduling options with full-time and part-time
- Paid time off and Holidays (full-time)
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision and more
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Paid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Meals and uniformsThe Care Giver/Med Tech role includes
providing hands on care, physical and emotional support to each
resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home like
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the
shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on
them throughout the shift.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of
residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior,
alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells
- Notifies supervisor and/or Health Care Coordinator if a
resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all
continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite
and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports
refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of resident's room and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness,
hygiene and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and
physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with
activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting,
grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests,
family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.Medication Tech
- Reviews service plan to learn pertinent information about
- Assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident
using the medication observation record and the Six Rights of
- Documents and initials form as medications are given including
appropriate documentation for refusal or missed doses.
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including
- Reports all resident concerns made while assisting resident
with the medication to the Nurse and/or Health Care Coordinator
- Restocks medication cart after all medication passes.
- Assists in checking medication regardless of packaging
- Counts all narcotics with another Medication Care Manager or
Nurse each shift.
- Maintains and cleans the Medication Room, med charts, treatment
carts for neatness cleanliness, availability of medications and
- Follows re-fill process for medications.
- Participates in the development of the Service Plan and monthly
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, weight, pulse
and respiration rates.
- Reports occupational exposures to blood, body fluids,
infectious materials, sharp sticks and hazardous chemicals
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.Qualifications:
- Certified Nurse's Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR Certification preferred
- First Aid Certification preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.Benefits:In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package. - -Eligible team members
are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and
paid holidays. - Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies.If having a direct impact
on the lives of others is appealing to you, apply today and join
our team! -EOE D/V
Keywords: Mariposa, Palm Beach , Caregiver, Healthcare , Lake Worth, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...