Hotel Staff Accountant
Company: Corrado Properties
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionHotel Staff Accountant About UsCorrado
Properties is an owner, operator, and developer of independent,
boutique luxury hotels & resorts and other real estate assets.
Grounded in authentic hospitality and with a spirit for adventure,
we seek to create one-of-a-kind experiences that fulfill our guests
while enriching and supporting our communities and our people. Our
investment approach is anything but prescriptive -- social and
environmental contributions are paramount, and we endeavor to have
fun with every opportunity we pursue. Current assets include Sorrel
River Ranch in Moab, Utah, Hotel Biba in Palm Beach, Florida, and
Spirit at Zion in Utah, which are under development. With our
portfolio expanding, Corrado Properties is looking for accomplished
individuals to join the organization as the foundation is laid for
future growth.About the RoleStaff Accountant oversee a company's
financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on
accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial
entries and reconciliations. The individual in this role will
perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting,
general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.Hotel
Staff Accountant Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General
- Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash
dropped at the front desk.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis
and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Assist the financial Controller with systems administration,
G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories,
monthly closings and full Profit and Loss responsibility.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work
- Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation
and inform the Controller of any potential uncollected
- Reconcile credit card back-up and inform the Controller of any
- Bill out company credit cards and maintain accurate and legible
logs for all credit cards.
- Assist with reconciling bank statements.
- Prepare wire transfer confirmations for reimbursable
- Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for
all credit card transactions.
- Reviewing all ledger details, guest ledger, and deposit ledgers
to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance
- Ensure correct taxation is applied on all billing software
Point of Sale (POS) and QB software's.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are
recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Vendor's permanent files and Certificates of
- Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports.
- Process authorized purchase requests as needed.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory
totals into spreadsheet.
- Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the
Controller and Director of Finance.Hotel Staff Accountant Minimum
Requirements and Required Education/Training:
- Education – Associates degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or
related field, required, or equivalent years of experience in
Bookkeeping for Hotel, resort or in hospitality.
- 1-2 years' experience in accounting/finance for hotels,
restaurants, or hospitality preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro, Mews, Toast. POS and other ERPs
for hotels required
- Ability to deal with complex projects and simultaneous
- Strong Data Entry Skills
- Confidentiality/ Thoroughness
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Excel, Pivot tables,
calculations, generating reports, Word, Outlook, Google Suite, and
experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Protel, Visual One,
Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under
different legal umbrellasWe thank all applicants; however, only
those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants who
do not already have legal permission to work in the United States
will not be considered. Corrado Properties is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/VPM50Powered by
Keywords: Corrado Properties, Palm Beach , Hotel Staff Accountant, Hospitality & Tourism , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!