Director of Human Resources
Company: The Colony Palm Beach
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm
Beach social life hosting- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and
discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a
historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and
ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on
Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.For
more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.comThe Colony Palm
Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work
JOB OVERVIEW: Primary responsibilities include recruitment &
onboarding, conducting orientation, internal guest service, and
compliance training, oversee payroll and external and internal job
postings in Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Maintain all personnel
files, (including medical and investigation files) and exit
Interviews, maintain all legal, immigration, state/local
compliance, initiate and maintain Internal HR communications,
respond to and oversee employee relations issues, internal
investigations, and special projects as needed. This position will
also have a strong role as the gatekeeper of hotel culture and
employee development as The Colony Palm Beach continues to identify
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the daily workflow of the Human Resources
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate the internal and
external job posting system. This includes reviewing all job
postings from Department Leaders for open positions; monitor
time-to-fill, sourcing, and pre-employment activities in order to
maintain compliance and consistency.
- Develop recruitment strategies to attract and retain
- Identify staff vacancies. Recruit, screen, interview, and
- Prepare offer letters.
- Manage the pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Maintain variable and year-round staffing guide and monitor
- Maintain and update Applicant Tracking System requisition for
EEO and OFCCP compliance.
- Ensure employment eligibility and maintain I-9 tracking
- Administration of Performance Evaluation System for all staff
(exempt and non-exempt), 90-day/annually.
- Manage and maintain the HRIS.
- Conduct exit interviews and complete the appropriate exit
processes. Analyzes exit interview information, share information
and abnormal turnover reports/patterns for Executive Team
- Coordinate all pre-hire/onboarding functions with hiring
managers and payroll.
- Oversee and coordinate new employee onboarding is completed and
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive
attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including understaffing,
grievance process, employee terminations, and administering
- Coordinate and conduct all compliance training (exempt and
non-exempt). Track compliance training in the HR system.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in
employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety,
and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal
employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling
questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping
resolve work-related problems.
- Represent the organization at personnel-related hearings and
- Research, develop, implement, and manage competitive
compensation, benefits, performance management systems, safety, and
employee incentive programs.
- Draft, propose, and implement the company's policies and
- Attend and participate in monthly departmental meetings/ daily
manager line-ups to communicate any pertinent information.
- Attend weekly leadership meetings as scheduled.
- Disseminate information affecting employer-employee relations,
employee activities, hotel personnel policies and programs.
- Assist department managers with coaching and counseling.
- Review all documentation prior to it being presented/filed;
Oversee all employee/manager documentation and action plans.
- Maintain confidentially regarding employee issues; document
investigation process and seek legal counsel as needed.
- Keep the General Manager informed regarding employee issues in
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine
causes of personnel problems, and develop recommendations for
improvement of the organization's personnel policies and
- Manage the Workers Compensation program and maintain s strong
working relationship with insurance vendors to decrease
- Plan, communicate and execute all employee relations and
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information
- Lead all internal investigations.
- Manage the uniform program.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures, and
accident prevention policies.
- Report and investigate accidents and injuries.
- Successfully complete all required training.
- Ensure that the appropriate level of confidentiality and
security for all employee and company information and property is
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting
functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Any other functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of essential/fundamental job duties, whether or not
listed above.STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS:Requirements are
representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will
possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
communicate in English with internal and external customers to
- General working knowledge of all Human Resources functions,
including federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll process, regulatory standards, and
- Five years of Human Resources Management experience in a
- Strong computer skills, including payroll, HRIS, and ATS
activity, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain hotel's standards, policies, and
- Ability to ensure compliance with labor standards.
- Ability to encourage mutual respect and cooperation among team
members, maintain open and collaborative relationships with
employees and other departments.
- Ability to connect with people from various backgrounds and
- Able to develop trust and rapport with employees and management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to provide support for team members.
- Ability to provide training.
- Ability to be a clear thinker in situations of pressure or time
constraint while exercising good judgment at all times.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of employees and
pertinent hotel information.
- Excellent follow-up and documentation skills.
- Ability to ensure the safety and security of all
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment and with
- Must be able to perform duties with limited
- Working knowledge of Paycom system.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Service industry (operations) experience preferably in a four
or five-star luxury hotel or club.
- Prolonged periods of standing, sitting at a desk, and working
with a computer.
- Continuous movement throughout the hotel. Ability to climb
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 30 lbs. following appropriate safety
Keywords: The Colony Palm Beach, Palm Beach , Director of Human Resources, Human Resources , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!