Platform Storage Engineer
Company: Interactive Brokers
Location: palm beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of
trading innovation , starting with the invention of the first
floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on
being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the
status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform
with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our
The Infrastructure team is looking for a Platform Storage Engineer,
the person will define, design and develop plans for
installation/reconfiguration, and overall management of storage
systems to provide reliable, resilient and secure data warehousing
and management solutions.
In this role, the person is expected to have strong knowledge of
HP/Dell/NetApp storage solutions, backup software, operating
systems, virtualization, hardware and related architecture,
engineering and administration. They have excellent problem-solving
skills and systems troubleshooting skills. The person should have
passion to continuously improve services, enhance security and
optimize service performance.
You will be responsible for:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design, implement and maintain all aspects of storage,
including the various tiers of storage (high-performance, low-cost,
archive, backup/recovery, and disaster recovery).
- Multi-protocol [CIFS, NFS] file-based solutions
- Block-based high-performance All-Flash Arrays.
- Object-based storage
- Disk & Tape based backup solutions.
- Provides direct support to technical and non-technical entities
in order to define requirements and deliver solutions to meet
organizational needs including new deployments, upgrades,
performance tuning and testing.
- Implement and utilize asset inventory, configuration management
database, capacity management, performance management, resource
optimization, and security (access control, authorization, and
accounting) for all technologies in scope.
- Define requirements, perform research, evaluate
vendors/solutions, design/implement solutions, and provide ongoing
support for all technologies in scope. Provide simple but effective
scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Drive consistent standardized solutions across IB for all
hardware, software, configurations, and processes.
- Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective
operational management of the environment -- change management,
monitoring, alerting, incident handling, customer request handling,
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when
necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IB's data
center systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Participate in defining and executing on a roadmap of projects
that continues to raise the bar through implementing innovative
technology, tools, automation, and processes.
- Interact with internal teams to provide solutions and resolve
problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- Administer and provide operational support and incident
management for all storage infrastructures including archival and
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to
individuals of various technical ability.
You are someone who has:
- Strong experience in managing and supporting multiple storage
systems such as HP Primavera and Dell EMC storage systems, in a
highly virtualized, hybrid data centers and global offices.
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies such as NFS,
CIFS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, NetApp Filers, Pure Flash array and
Flash blade, Nimble, EMC ECS, Cohesity, or DAS.
- Must have experience managing, optimizing, and upgrading backup
environment and its schedules strategies.
- Experience with client and server hardware/software, management
tools, enterprise networking, virtualization, and/or security
- Able to handle pressure during outages and systematically
- Experience being tasked outside their training, willing to take
on and learn new technologies.
- Experience automating tasks utilizing PowerShell or
- Experience communicating at various levels including
non-technical staff, leadership, management, and external
Additional Requirements and Details:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or
- 5+ years of experience or equivalent certifications with
Storage and related hardware
- 5+ years of Linux/Windows Operating systems management and
- 3-5 years of experience or certifications with Commvault backup
solution, deploying and managing infrastructure services and
driving efficient operations.
- 2+ years of experience with communicating technical value of
cloud/object storage, storage gateways or cloud backups with
- 2+ years of experience with Visio to create solution
- AWS Solutions Architect certification along with a storage
certification from a major storage vendor such as HP/Dell/EMC,
NetApp, Oracle or HDS
Company Benefits & Perks
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Willing to be rotational on-call for incident escalations,
- A team player with collaborative and customer centric work
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock
- Retirement plan 401k with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical,
dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and
counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with
healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer
activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut
(NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and
clearing services for active traders, institutional investors,
financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier
technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures,
forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated
Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by
trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced,
results-oriented team working to provide our customers with
state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution
capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the
United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong,
Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore,
Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers
Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and
commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current
Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL
in your browser:
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Keywords: Interactive Brokers, Palm Beach , Platform Storage Engineer, Other , palm beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!