Company: City of Lake Worth Beach
Location: Lake Worth
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to
apply for the position of Parks Maintenance Specialist I.
Closing : Open until filled
This position is part of the Public Employees Union (PEU) based on
a 40-hour work week with an hourly pay of $14.34.
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 13 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Beach Medical Benefits that include Life
Insurance, Dental and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is a semiskilled position requiring manual work and the
application of technique and knowledge above a basic laborer in
maintenance, repair, some construction and service activities.
- An in this class performs a substantial volume of laboring
tasks requiring limited skills or special knowledge acquired
through training or work experience.
- Assignments frequently include the operation of less complex
automotive, gas powered equipment, trucks, hand and power tools,
with some specialized equipment like draggers and mowers.
- An employee in this class may be assigned to other
divisions/sections during slack periods in the employee's original
area of assignment.
- Employees in the class usually work under close supervision or
where work is routine and repetitive under general supervision in
accordance with specific instruction and with defined procedures
- Work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion for
adherence to instructions and conformance with established
- Work is performed with minimal independence but with direction
by the Parks Maintenance Specialist II and reviewed by the
Superintendent of Parks through reports and daily work logs.
- Clean all elements of the parks; restrooms, concession areas,
sitting areas, playing fields and spectator areas.
- Empty's trash cans and transports to dumpster.
- Pressure cleans &blows areas free of debris and dirt.
- Performs a variety laboring duties in the maintenance of
athletic fields and buildings; including but not limited to mowing,
edging, weeding, dragging, lining, lip repair, clay maintenance,
waters, grading, fertilizing, applying common herbicides, and
cutting small tree limbs
- Using power tools, installs bases , mounds, goal posts, fences
and gates, replaces light bulbs, A/C filters, paints and sands,
installs windscreens and signs, and puts together athletic
equipment from instructions.
- May be required on occasions to set up tables, chairs, tents,
and special event displays.
- Performs related work as required.
- An employee in this class must be dressed for work every day
properly with uniform and proper shoes/boots.
- Employee must be aware of safety issues, and OHSA regulations
for his job while working in a public area.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Knowledge of tools and their maintenance, methods and materials
used in general maintenance work.
- Must have the ability to perform heavy manual labor for
extended periods of time, occasionally in inclement weather.
Employee must have some knowledge of multiple gas powered
equipment, trailers, hand and power tools, mowers, and maintenance
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED, 1-2 years experience in the field,
valid driver's license, CDL encouraged, and may be required later
on in employment. Read, write, and understand English instructions.
Some basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to operate gas powered
equipment for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to bend, stoop, climb ladders, and reach
up and down.
- Employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Acceptable
hearing and vision with or without correction is necessary.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified
individuals with a disability.
Work outside in a dusty and hot environment, sometimes a soiled and
dirty environment, inclement weather conditions, and possible
contentious confrontation with users and residents.
Keywords: City of Lake Worth Beach, Palm Beach , Maintenance Specialist, Other , Lake Worth, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!