Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations
Location: Corporate Support Center - Palm Springs, FL
Now Optics is a leader in the eye health industry and its retail
brands, My Eyelab and Stanton Optical, are among the fastest
growing optical retailers in the country. We are driving
transformational change in the industry to enhance the customer
experience. Now Optics believe every person, no matter their
situation, should have access to quality eye care at their
convenience and within their budget. Why does having perfect vision
need to be so hard? Our mission is to make it easy by pioneering
new technology that evolves today's eye care experience to meet
customer expectations in our fast-changing world. Our growing team
of professionals thrive on generating innovative ideas that will
make a difference in the lives of our customers, and passionately
turning those ideas into reality. In this role, you are expected to
adhere to, and exemplify, all company profiles including:
Vision: Modernizing the eye care experience for all people.
Mission: Making eye care easy.
Integrity: We see integrity as building a foundation of trust
with our customers, employees and stakeholders by communicating
honestly, ensuring consistency and delivering on our
Collaboration: We see collaboration as combining the talents of
a diverse group, offering proactive communication and being
open-minded to new ideas.
Accountability: We see accountability as taking initiative,
delivering our best in all we do, accepting responsibility for our
actions and taking ownership of results.
Respect: We see respect as prioritizing human relationships,
being present, connecting with transparency and empathy.
Empowerment: We see empowerment as making purpose-driven
decisions to support the company vision, showing appreciation for
others, and taking care of the individuals we serve.
Job Description and Profile:
The Real Estate Director will be highly entrepreneurial with
developed leadership skills and will have considerable experience
with multi-state real estate knowledge, strong work ethic and
excellent communication skills. This role will lead the execution
of the company's development and growth strategy by heading new
site selection and portfolio management of our future stores. This
position will develop market planning, site analysis and
evaluation, and the execution of real estate transactions to
maximize the real estate portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop market planning, site analysis and evaluation to
support the company's growth strategy.
- Identify viable areas for Stanton Optical / MyEyeLab continued
- Manage new site selection process for retail & franchise
locations across the US.
- Manage new site selection pipeline to ensure timelines are met
as per company plan.
- Analyze feasibility of potential sites through thorough
financial and market and trade areas analysis.
- Review the lease renewal process and maintain a proactive
approach to renew existing leases when needed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with landlords, real estate
developers, and commercial retail brokers.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with brokers in target
- Lead relationship with existing brokers. Establish action plans
and follow up on commitments and progress.
- In charge of real estate committee preparations and of
presenting deals to the real estate committee for its
- Prepare site proposals and proforma documents.
- Negotiate and execute real estate contracts/transactions for
new retail spaces.
- Negotiate Tenant Improvements as part of lease agreements.
- Responsible for all Letter of Intent negotiations.
- Partner with senior leadership to eliminate barriers, optimize
process and maximize results.
- Provide regular updates on sites and markets to leadership
while collaborating with internal business partners.
- Closely collaborate with Operations, Franchise and Marketing
counterparts to ensure cross-functional alignment and anticipate
any potential setbacks.
- Monitor lease negotiations and work closely with Real Estate
Attorneys as necessary.
- Prepare financial statements, reports or other records as
- Attend industry networking, and industry conventions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Real Estate, Finance,
or Business Administration.
- 8+ years of experience in retail real estate industry.
- Proven record and ability to identify potential store locations
for a major retailer.
- Solid market knowledge of multi state real estate.
- ESRI working knowledge/experience required.
- A retail enthusiast with a passion for our brand, product, and
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical/strategic thinking capabilities, and strong
- Solid financial and business acumen in a retail
- Ability to collaborate on projects cross-functionally.
- Self-sufficient, resourceful, and eager to learn.
- Ability to travel to potential sites.