Why Covenant Care?
Are you a Healthcare Warrior? Want a competitive, engaging job
with great perks? Want a seat at the table to discuss strategy?
Want to see your ideas put into action? Then you want to look
closely at a career with Covenant Care.
Covenant Care is one of the largest non-profit providers of home
health, hospice, memory, palliative and private duty care in the
regions we serve. Our collaborative team of more than 600
physicians, nurses, aides, therapists and professional staff and
volunteers serve patients and families in communities throughout
Florida and Alabama. For more information, visit
choosecovenant.org, or visit us on Facebook, Instagram or
Ready to join our family?
Our teammates enjoy a supportive environment and flexible
schedule with advancement opportunities. Covenant Care's engaging
culture is founded upon mutual respect and trust. A place where
employees feel valued and patients and residents feel the service
is extraordinary. We recognize and celebrate the value of each
teammate's unique contributions and encourage a sense of ownership,
sharing our mission with patients, families and our
The Regional Director of Business Development is responsible for
developing, managing and expanding the Home Health Division. They
are responsible for representing the program in the community; for
overseeing the daily and long term of the program along with
participating in and implementing the strategic plan. They assure
the AVP of Sales Program is functioning consistently with Corporate
Standards. They are a member of Senior Staff and represents the
Program at Senior Staff meetings as directed. Bili
* Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare Administration,
substantial high level related work experience may be
* Capacity for mature business decisions and judgments.
* Two years relative experience in a healthcare environment.
* Experience working with a Medicare/Medicaid licensed health
* Active membership in professional, community and/or civic
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated relationship builder and trustworthy leader.
* Demonstrated high ethical and moral standards of behavior.
* Must possess public speaking and presentation skills.
* Valid driver's license and auto insurance required.
Preferred: Ideal candidate will be bilingual in
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Develops and recommends strategic sales plans and budgets.
* Accountable for the sales viability of the designated
* Support leadership and managerial decision making with
regular, timely reporting of programs' results to management.
Admissions Development and Contract Management
* Manages the implementation phase of contracts with facilities
* Develops and maintains relationships with key officials of
facilities such as hospitals, NH's, ALF's, managed care
* Develops and maintains relationships with referral base: such
as individual physicians, physician practices, facility
administrators (NH, ALF, hospitals), and other community based
* Oversees complaint resolution process to assure smooth
operation of contracts and ongoing referrals.
* Develops strategies to ensure that volume projections are
achieved for designated program.
* Assures an effective management team for designated program in
order to obtain strategic initiatives and operational goals.
* Promotes a positive internal climate based on the
* Establishes and maintains positive public relations with
community and business leaders, politicians, and other key
* In conjunction with Corporate Communications, participates and
responds to media opportunities.
* Identifies and collaborates to secure fundraising
opportunities with the Development Department.
* Assures the handling and resolution of any complaints from
patients, families, and the public.
* Work with corporate staff and corporate consultants to
advocate for program at state and federal level.
* Achieves and maintains applicable accreditations. Follows the
company's systems, policies, and standards assuring the designated
program passes all inspections, surveys, reviews, for licensing and
certifications such as for CMS, AHCA, and Accreditation bodies.
* Ensures compliance with all administrative functions and
policies with regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EEOC and Department
of Labor, for example by maintaining proper personnel and
confidential files, staffing records, incident and injury
* Assures compliance with all applicable regulations, statutes
and parent company administrative policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates personal leadership and ethical business
* Ensures a safe, efficient, adequate work environment for
employees, clients and volunteers.
* Ensures that building(s) maintained, disaster planning is
conducted, equipment is functioning supplies available, computer
system working, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Special Demands/Physical Requirements:
This position may sometimes require medium/heavy lifting.
Normally such lifting will involve but not be limited to, assisting
with transfer/repositioning of the patient either in the home or
nursing facility. The position is also mentally demanding because
of the continual need of assessing and evaluating clinical aspects
of the patient's care. This position requires considerable time
traveling in a motor vehicle in connection with performing
essential functions of position.
Benefits for Eligible Employees Include:
* Health insurance
* Paid time off for vacation, holiday, sick and bereavement
* Company paid and supplemental life insurance
* Retirement plan with company match
* Optional cafeteria plan benefits such as dental, vision,
accident, cancer and hospital days
* Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Continuing education, advance credential assistance and
* Employee assistance program for employees and families
* Mileage reimbursement and company fleet car program
Contact the Human Resources Department at 850.365.9659 for more
information. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability