ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental
services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability
throughout energy-related industries. As an employee owned company,
we empower our people and invest in their growth and
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services group is seeking a
Mechanical Engineering Lead for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Leads and provides day to day direction for a team of engineers
and technical staff to produce engineering design products for
commercial nuclear power plants. The products include calculations,
studies, and engineering change packages.
- Under the direction a Discipline Supervisor, leads a
discipline-specific Engineering Unit sub-group comprised of
Engineers and engineering staff.
- Identify and promote opportunities for site work. Identify and
promote training opportunities (ex: owners groups, manufacturer,
- Utilize the review/approval process of deliverables as
technical training opportunity for staff.
- Provide timely and appropriate performance feedback and
- Manages their own applied time and the applied time for their
staff to meet applied time goals.
- Provides supervision and technical guidance and mentorship to
Mechanical Engineering staff.
- Coordinate task assignments to maximize staff utilization.
- Ensures the discipline staff is planning and executing work
- Ensures that the staff maintain schedules, budgets and quality
- Supports ENERCON marketing via proposal development, cost
estimates, and developing relationships with client
- Site travel to support client meetings, field walkdowns, and
client relationship building.
Required Qualifications / skills
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum 4 years engineering experience supporting Nuclear Power
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of mechanical
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear
- Experience working in a nuclear power plant environment and
familiarity with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) governing
- Required to travel up to 25% of the time to client sites
(expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or
marketing meetings. Activities at client sites may require pre-job
briefs and walkdowns at the site, including occasional
- Strong coordination and team building skills; demonstrated
ability to work across disciplines, divisions, and teams.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE License or able to obtain PE.
- Thermal-hydraulic and design modification experienced
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol
screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and
annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) is fully owned by our employees
and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. Our people
are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance
industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: www.enercon.com | LinkedIn