Patient Accounts Representative
Company: Cleveland Clinic Martin Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Main responsibility is self-pay and/or professional physician
follow-up collection of the hospital and/or professional physician
receivables. Provides satisfactory explanations for problems and
questions in a courteous and professional manner. Performs a
variety of support services for the business office, admitting,
county, state, federal, insurance companies, attorneys and medical
II.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies,
procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety
codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and
accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional
communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers.
Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of
teamwork and collaboration.
3. Responsible for assertive but pleasant follow-up phone contact
with patients or third parties to collect past due amounts, or
establish payment arrangements, make referrals and verify
information is complete to enable outside sources to process
payment for services rendered.
4. Works incoming correspondences to completion
5. Coordinates and performs various follow-up review and support
services for business office, admitting, Trinity, Risk Management,
county, state, federal, insurance companies and medical staff to
secure collection of hospital receivables.
6. Maintains a high performance level in processing accounts for
appropriate assistance programs, legal action or transfer to bad
7. Identifies various insurance reimbursement plans, financial
programs and provide satisfactory explanations to callers.
8. Maintains free care file on optical disk.
9. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to
position as mandated by Martin Health System.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III.Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position, a
candidate must be a high school graduate or equivalent. Previous
experience dealing with public related to financial matters.
Proficient personal and telephone communication skills in
collections. Health insurance knowledge preferred. Experience in
use of computer terminal, calculator and other office equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Martin Medical Center, Palm Beach , Patient Accounts Representative, Other , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!