Requisition No: 343541
Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-OPS VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE
COORDINATOR-70941073-MARTIN CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Position Number: 70941073
Salary: $ 11.35 Hourly
Posting Closing Date: 09/30/2021
- OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT*
Vocational Food Service Coordinator -70941073
This advertisement is for an OPS position located at Martin
Correctional Institution in Indiantown, Florida in the Food Service
Salary Rate: $11.35 hourly
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the oversight of daily meal preparation
including production and meal service to the inmate population.
This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related
health and food service standards.
- Handles raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation
- Supervises the inmate food service workers in food production,
preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc.
- Insures preparation of meals is in accordance with the
Department's master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Maintains professional food service management
- Responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of
production, training and other required documentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- One year of experience in food service or 6 months experience
in correctional food service preparation can substitute for the
required one year of experience.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be
demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work
experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during
If you are interested in this position and meet the above
indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge
and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and
resume through the People First system. If you experience problems
applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by
the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All
employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in
accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace
Nearest Major Market: Port Saint Lucie