Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 7, 2021
OBSERVATION UNIT and CLINICAL DECISION UNIT
Job Profile Summary:
Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse
care on assigned unit. Establishes clinical direction for nursing
care delivery, provides clinical supervision and maintains quality
outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel management and
development. Maintains adherence to regulatory standards.
Coordinates unit operations with other depts. Develops and monitors
- Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse
care on assigned unit.
- Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery,
provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient
care standards., identifies and resolves issues affecting the
delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Develops quality initiatives and implements policies and
procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health
services in a unit.
- Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards
through continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains JCAHO and other regulatory standards.
- Manages operation of unit.
- Analyzes personnel structure, determines staffing needs and
- Provides direction and supervision, evaluates performance,
conducts selection and termination process, develops strategic
- Actively promotes staff and self development.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports
foundation research activities.
- Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products.
- Approves purchases and establishes or revises inventory
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- High degree of clinical expertise in specialty area
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication, counseling,
problems solving, decision making, conflict resolution and group
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA)provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA)
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Three years of recent nursing clinical experience to include at
least one year of healthcare management experience required.
- Requires full range of motion including handling and lifting
patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye and hand
- Requires frequent data entry, sitting, standing and
- Requires corrective vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , Nurse Manager, Other , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!