Company: The Colony Hotel
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Since 1947, The Colony Palm Beach has been the center of Palm
Beach social life hosting-- U.S. Presidents, European Royalty and
discriminating travelers from around the world. Be part of a
historic, luxury boutique hotel exhibiting polished charm and
ambiance only steps away from world-famous shopping and dining on
Worth Avenue and the crystal blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
For more information visit http://thecolonypalmbeach.com.
The Colony Palm Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a
Drug-Free Work Place.
JOB OVERVIEW: Present a positive first impression of the
restaurant's friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
Effectively coordinate and control the flow of guests by greeting,
seating, and acknowledging departures of guests in a gracious and
professional manner while in accordance with the hotel's standards
of quality. This role must strive to provide anticipatory service
at all times. Practice social distancing, observe mask mandates and
maintain handwashing routine as ordered by the CDC, Palm Beach
County, and the State of Florida.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create an exceptional experience at the host stand and waiting
areas. Deliver a positive first impression of the restaurant.
- Consistently provide friendly, engaging and anticipatory guest
service and heartfelt hospitality.
- Review the reservation list and coordinate with Managers to
anticipate guest flow, peak times, and requirements associated with
- Assist in creating station assignments for Servers and
- Complete opening, and closing duties in a timely manner
following established standards and procedures.
- Assist the Manager in planning reservations and assigning
parties to appropriate sections and/or servers.
- Answer the outlet phone in a timely, professional, and
- Correctly receive, confirm, and document reservations and guest
notes in the OpenTable reservation system.
- Review guest notes in OpenTable before each shift to facilitate
anticipatory service at all times. Communicate important
information to managers and servers.
- Confirm reservations by calling guests to verify information in
- Acknowledge and greet arriving guests; invite departing guests
- Identify and acknowledge repeat guests.
- Use the guest's name at every opportunity.
- Offer to assist guests with coat check upon arrival and
departure as needed.
- Escort guests to assigned table; present menus.
- Ensure knowledge of menu, specials and promotions.
- Seat guests appropriately. Control the flow of business with
rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the
reservation and seating plan.
- Observe tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied
- Communicate with servers to ensure a smooth transition of
tables and even distribution of guests throughout the
- Accurately quote wait times to guests and correctly maintain
- Communicate with manager if wait times are running over-quoted
times to guests.
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness and organization of the host
stand and lobby/foyer area.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests.
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs
or guest requests.
- Maintain all menus, ensuring menus are free of debris, stain,
- Maintain children and guest supplies.
- Communicate information regarding guest complaints and/or ideas
to Managers immediately.
- Support team members by assisting with server, busser or runner
duties as needed.
- Go above and beyond and take initiative to resolve guest
complaints and create loyalty.
- Maintains high standard of personal appearance and grooming;
comply with dress code.
- Maintain the highest level of standards of quality of products
and service at all times.
- Clean and sanitize assigned host areas thoroughly before and
after shift end.
- Assist support staff with polishing glasses and silverware,
folding napkins, cleaning and sanitizing menus, etc.
- Adhere to local and government compliance with health and
safety regulations to ensure a clean and safe work environment for
guests and employees.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures and
is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner with all guests and
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Assist with special and deep cleaning projects as assigned by a
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of hosting experience in a fine dining/upscale
- Excellent guest service skills and a passion for
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with
guests and co-workers.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong team-work orientation, well organized, ability to follow
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform consistent work to the hotel's high
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and
courteous at all times.
- Previous experience with OpenTable and Food & Beverage POS
- Previous luxury guest service/Forbes training.
- Fluent in a secondary language.
- Ability to input and access data in a reservations system.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all guests.
- Ability to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration and
make concise decisions.
- Ability to learn and remember guests' names and
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to maintain hotel's standards, policies and
- Ability to work in a restaurant environment.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance, be consistently on
time, and observe work, break and meal periods in compliance with
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail,
speed and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and
co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment.
- Food Handler certificate.
- Responsible Alcohol Service certificate.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking. Frequently pulling,
pushing, and bending.
- Exposure to outdoor environment factors.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach and
carry with hands and arms.
- Able to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 30 lbs. following appropriate safety
Keywords: The Colony Hotel, Palm Beach , Host/Hostess, Other , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!