Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Details Plans, organizes, directs and controls the system
wide HIM/Professional Fee coding function. Acts as a liaison for
hospital/medical staff in the area of Coding, DRG's, APC's and
charge master. Manages coding quality, productivity and performance
- Responsible for personnel management, strategic planning and
process improvement activities related to Coding processes.
- Meets established coding Key Performance Indicators for coding
quality and productivity.
- Monitors coding performance to meet HIPAA, legal and risk
management implications of health information and coding compliance
- Actively participates in the evaluation, selection and purchase
of information systems for HIM Coding services and hospital wide
- Manages coding services within the revenue cycle and works
collaboratively with the HIM Clinical Documentation team and other
RCM and hospital leadership.
- Participates in the development of the coding budget and
prepares budget variance reports.
- Conducts periodic review and revision of the departmental
coding policy and procedure manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management or related
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from the American Academy of
Professional Coders or Certified Coding Specialist/Physician
(CCS/P), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) from the
American Health Information Management Association required.
Complexity of Work:
- Position requires high level of cognitive skills, logical
thinking, planning and monitoring processes.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive professional and
functionally relevant experience, including 1 year of supervisory
- An Associate's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressive
professional and functionally relevant experience, including as
minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience, may offset the
- A High School Diploma and a minimum of 7 years of progressive
professional and functionally relevant experience, including a
minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience, may offset the
- Demonstrated management and reimbursement/revenue cycle
- Experience and knowledge in hospital-based information systems,
The Joint Commission, and other accreditation and regulatory agency
requirements and American Hospital Association (AHA) Coding
Guidelines and Coding Compliance requirements.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to
walk to various locations throughout the Foundation to attend
meetings; must have normal or correction vision to clearly
communicate verbally by phone or in person.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Palm Beach , Manager Coding, Other , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!