Program Engineer (WPB)
Company: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: July 11, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Program Engineer (WPB)
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission
is to provide Naval Warfare Centers, the Fleet, and other customers
with accurate undersea, surface, and in-air three-dimensional
tracking data and other unique Atlantic test facilities. In
support of Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E),
and Fleet readiness assessment and training. AUTEC is a Major Range
and Test Facility Base (MRTFB) and the Naval Undersea Warfare
Center, Division Newport's largest single team project, providing
both deep and shallow water test and training environments.
The Program Engineer is responsible for being the point of
contact to NUWC, US Navy, and contractor personnel for the planning
and conduct of testing on the AUTEC test ranges and is accountable
to the Test Planning Manager.
- Evaluate assigned test support requirements and determine best
method(s) for accomplishing all aspects of each program/test within
the existing parameters of AUTEC capabilities to match/satisfy
customer needs/requirements. Define new capabilities or additional
resources if such are required.
- Accountable for cost control management and technical
instruction tasking guidance related to test support and projects
as assigned. This responsibility comprises monitoring costs
and expenditures of all departments engaged in supporting test
activities and coordinating status of funding with NUWC Subject
Matter Experts and PAE Finance.
- ISO assigned programs/tests, arrange for any necessary shore
facility, test asset preparation/modification, shipping, staging,
proper management of any HAZMAT/HAZWASTE, and/or pre/post-test
logistic support. Upon program/test completion, ensure all Range
User materials/equipment are returned and all AUTEC
assets/facilities are restored to their original condition as
required/indicated by the NUWC TPM.
- Working through the Contractor Range Scheduler, schedule
contractor assets/personnel and/or contractor controlled AUTEC
resources needed to support the determined workload and be
responsible for coordinating and ensuring such commitments are
- Generate and post written operational documents IAW internal
department policies to communicate scheduled events/programs/tests’
support requirements and ensure identified contractor support
readiness to execute all scheduled support operations and
- Update and maintain test support documents in a timely fashion
to reflect ongoing changes in Range User schedules/requirements as
communicated by the NUWC TPM.
- As required, develop, promulgate, and maintain standing test
plans ISO on-going test programs.
- As required and approved travel to attend/participate ISO
program/test planning conferences and/or events where on-site
representation is necessary.
- Retain responsibility for assigned administrative-use USG
vehicle and cell phone during duty periods and adhere to usage
protocol IAW AUTEC standard procedure.
- Accept delegation of department support activities and other
such tasks as may be assigned by the Test Planning Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Science, Electronics, preferred or
- Ten years of experience in direct support of test and range
operations such as Test Conductor, FORACS Engineer, Acoustics
Engineer, System Controller, Range Safety Advisor or supervisor
level experience in Marine Services, Range Services or Support
- Military service in a technical field involving large scale
test operations may be substituted in lieu of the degree
requirement and/or years of experience.
- Applicable working knowledge of acoustical and in-air and
in-water tracking systems, communications systems, and data
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations/interface
- Strong organizational skills for prioritizing and coordinating
work load and able to meet contractually mandated deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently, and work
within a team environment as required.
- Must be flexible, professional, and decisive in coping
with changes in a real-time environment. Computer literacy
in a Windows environment. Must be able to produce documentation
using Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, PowerPoint, and
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
required. Use of Microsoft Outlook email and associated tools is
- Close vision of computer screens/monitors. Must be able to walk
up/down a one flight stairwell as well as board range craft and
fixed/rotary wing air craft.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain
a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is
- A valid US passport and driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to reside in a remote location with limited
medical facilities as required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Pacific Architects and Engineers Incorporated - Mi, Palm Beach , Program Engineer (WPB), Other , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!