Custody Officer-$1250 Sign on Bonus
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
The Custody Officer provides security functions within and around
the perimeter of the facility.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent as defined by the
state certification/licensing authority.
- Must meet minimum age requirements as defined by the state
- Be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of
the State to the contrary.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor
involving crime of moral turpitude, such as perjury or a false
statement, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of
- Not have received a dishonorable or undesirable discharge from
any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Have his/her processed fingerprints on file with the employment
- Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician
based on specifications established by the state
certification/licensing authority or facility as required.
- Have a good moral character as determined by a background
investigation under procedures established by the state licensing
authority, as applicable.
- Have completed the basic recruit-training course(s) or its
equivalent as established by the state certification/licensing
- Will comply with facility specific requirements as
- Must be a certified Correctional Officer by Florida Department
of Law Enforcement (FDLE) prior to employment by completing a Basic
Correctional Academy (BCA), 420-hour recruit-training course from
an accredited FDLE entity
- Must pass the Florida State Exam for Correctional Officer (or
its equivalent) as established by the Commission and F.D.L.E.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license, if operating a
company vehicle is necessary.
- Maintains security of an assigned post, remaining alert at all
times and taking the necessary action to prevent escapes. Monitors
patient activities and intervening as needed to control disruptive
and/or violent behaviors.
- Monitors and controls all communication systems, surveillance
systems, emergency signal systems, which may include but is not
limited to; fire alarm system, thermal detection system, electronic
locking system, closed circuit television system, computer systems,
perimeter-alert system, public address (PA) system and two-way
- Observes and monitors patient's behaviors inside and outside of
the Facility. Identifying potential security breaches and
implementing necessary safety precautions.
- Responds to emergency calls to de-escalate aggressive
behaviors, control fights and riots, prevent escapes and assists
clinical staff to prevent harm or injury from violent patients
utilizing established aggression control techniques. Participates
in searching patient areas for contraband and other unauthorized
- Controls and monitors all individuals entering and exiting the
Facility grounds, verifying provided identification from visitors
and conducts searches, as required, of all persons belongs and
- Continuously monitors and inspects the Facility environment for
escape risks and/or hazardous conditions. This includes; fences,
doors, windows, ceilings, etc. In the event of an escape, staff
will follow company policy and procedures which may include but is
not limited to; searches beyond the facility grounds, returning an
escapee to the facility, etc.
- Controls and monitors all vehicular traffic entering Facility
grounds, verifying provided identification, maintaining
surveillance of parking areas, and ensuring compliance of
established rules and regulations.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Palm Beach , Custody Officer-$1250 Sign on Bonus, Other , Indiantown, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!