Posted on: November 18, 2021
Position SummaryThe MedTender Lead is passionate about medical
Cannabis, provides product knowledge to our patients and explains
the benefits of buying specific products. The MedTender delivers
the Company's retail promise to every customer visiting the
Dispensary. Provides supervisor customer service and education
guidance to registered patients and Designated Primary Caregiver
("DPC"). Take patients orders, record sales in the Inventory
Control System ("ICS"), and handle cash, and debit card
transactions. Maintain an organized environment and facility
appearance. The MedTender Lead collaborates with the Assistant
Manager, Dispensary Manager and leadership team to develop,
document and implement practices, policies, and strategies that
support a performance and results-driven culture. This role is a
developmental opportunity in preparation for a management
- Greets patients and DPC's and escorts them from the waiting
room to the secured sales dispensary. Provides orientation and
tours for first-time clients.
- Follows the Company's selling standards to meet the team and
individual sales goals and metrics.
- Drives sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy,
safe, and well-merchandised store environment with all medical
Cannabis and related products, except samples, secured and behind a
- Models best-in-class service experience that consistently
strives to exceed customers' expectations.
- Make sales and prepares approved sales from the client.
Calculates sales price and enters into the cash register. Collects
the amount due from the client in cash or via a cashless debit
transaction. Packages order, checking to ensure each product is
appropriately labeled, including warning as required by law.
Deliver sales from ICS agent for entry. Escort client waiting room
to exit. Escort next client to secure sales area.
- Inspires customer confidence and creates loyalty to Company
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, customer-service
oriented, and compliant with established laws and regulations and
Company policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for accurately utilizing the Company's Point of
- Communicates with the patient coordinator to maintain patient
traffic flow and maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Responds to in-person patient requests, compliments, and
resolves simple complaints, through e-mail, or by the phone
requesting supervisor support as needed.
- Maintains organization of dispensary and through daily upkeep
and light cleaning.
- Maintains quality and appearance of the product by removing
shake and stems, while checking for mold, mildew, expiration or
sell-by dates, or defective products, and keeping samples clean and
- Maintains knowledge of all medical Cannabis, and related
products and services offered, as well as applicable state and
local laws and regulations and industry news.
- Educates patients and DPD's on medicating options and methods,
strain information, medicine effectiveness for specific ailments,
and cultivation methods.
- Provides education materials and resources for patients and
DPCs as needed.
- Records specific request, preferences, and notifications for
patients and DPCs using the internal Electronic Verification System
("EVS") and ICS and follow up as needed.
- Maintains awareness of patient input and suggested changes to
improve service or product, invites clients to use the suggestion
box in the waiting room.
- Discusses inventory levels with patient coordinator and Manager
or Assistant Manager to maintain accurate online menus and update
menus and checklist as needed.
- Coordinates supply orders with the dispensary manager as
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Manager or
Assistant Manager.Job Requirements
- 2+ years of retail or customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of medical Cannabis policy and law preferred.
- Must be able to ensure accurate data-entry and record
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet
- Point of Sale software and cash handling experience is a
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to successfully register with the state's cannabis
commission as an agentPhysical and Mental Demands:While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself,
communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects,
tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages
weighing up to 20 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The
mental and physical requirements described here are representative
of those that must be met by an individual, with or without
reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential
functions of this position.Working Environment:Work is performed in
a retail environment. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an individual encounter while
performing the essential functions of this position.EEO
Statement:We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social
justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way
forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Keywords: M--V, Palm Beach , Medtender Lead, Other , Stuart, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!