Posted on: January 17, 2023
For more than 65 years, HEICO Corporation has thrived by serving
niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronic
industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and
services. HEICOs high energy culture focuses our Team Members on
providing high quality products and services to our customer base.
Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that
continually challenges our Team Members to perform at their best.
For four consecutive years, Forbes Magazine ranked HEICO as one of
the 200 "Best Small Companies." HEICO Corporation offers
competitive compensation, paid vacation and holidays, an excellent
401K plan with company match, and medical, dental, life, and
The Project Engineer will be responsible for design, certification
and project management efforts in pursuit of FAA Parts
Manufacturing Approval for airworthy flight hardware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing designs and substantiation packages for FAA Parts
Manufacturer Approval applications.
- Assisting in the development of manufacturing processes for
airworthy flight components.
- Coordinating first article or conformity inspection activities
between the companys Quality Assurance department, ODA, Technical
Services and management.
- Develop vendor substantiation requirements for outside
- Support activities related to new vendor qualification
including new vendor identification and selection.
- Support QA department and vendors questions about drawing
interpretation, manufacturing methods, inspection methods,
- Participating in the disposition of non-conforming materials,
including analyzing the non-conformance for fit, function, safety,
and reliability, and communicating with QA, suppliers, and the FAA
liaison as required.
- Completing Engineering Changes with supporting substantiation
- Supporting customers and operators regarding our
- Advise more junior P.E.s on designs, methods, regulations and
- Suggest improvements to systems and procedures for better
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an
accredited college or university required and/or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-6 years aerospace / mechanical design experience is
- Experience using 3D CAD software (Solidworks, etc.)
- Experience with aerospace design, testing, manufacturing and/or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Language/Communication: Excellent oral and written
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, Word.
Outlook, and Intermediate proficiency with Excel; 3D CAD software
(Solidworks, etc.) required.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts
such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and
solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, to practical situations.
- Reasoning Abilities: Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills, strict
attention to details and ability to multitask and prioritize as
necessary, with minimal supervisory direction. Must be flexible in
handling multiple tasks. Understanding the need for urgency and
ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work in a team
environment and independently.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of aircraft engine components,
controls & accessories/aircraft interiors preferred. Knowledge of
basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis of mechanical
components required. Knowledge of aerospace materials and coatings
preferred. Knowledge of conventional aerospace manufacturing
methods, including; milling, turning, grinding, lapping, stamping,
forging, casting, molding, EDM, ECM, welding, brazing, heat
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: HEICO, Palm Beach , Project Engineer, Other , Indiantown, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!